Friday, October 28, 2011

{ something blue }



Navy zebra wallpaper and flourishing orchids.... divine. Image via VT Interiors.



Quite want this blazer by Woodford & Co.


With a touch of pink. Via Prepfection


A china plate in a dress. Image via We Heart It 



Fabulous take of blue & white by Christian Dior. Image via Image Shack 




I took this on the sunny Sunday just passed at Cleveland. 
And yes that amazing phaleanopsis is for real... I think it's cultivator, Jane, is a real life orchid whisperer! Isn't it beautiful?

I've been a bit slack on the blog the last week I'm sorry, but it's all been a bit hectic with many late nights as I start to wrap everything up ahead of the exhibition.... which opens next week!! I must say it still feels like an age away at this point as I've a million things to tick off the list  but finally I am starting to see it all come together, and this is a very satisfying/ terrifying feeling. Not sure which one just yet!

But that's not to say I'm not still painting, painting - madly of course, after all I am an artiste! - and through it all I've been struck with a serious case of the blues. But in a good way! Whether fashion or homes or just beautiful pictures, I am always drawn to blue and white; so timeless and crisp isn't it? So I thought I would leave you with a few of the gorgeous pics that I am loving at the moment; and while I did really wanted to show you the fruits of this inspiration I decided I should keep these up my sleeve till next week.... but I must say, that last image is hard to resist painting!

Well that's all for now. Happy Friday.

Pip xx

4 comments:

designchic said...

Beautiful blues, and how fabulous is that zebra wallpaper?! Thrilled to find and follow your blog ~

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

Pip, it's so nice to "meet" you. I found you via Anna Spiro... An invitation was sent, but since I live in Florida it was a long trip to take :) I can now see where the inspiration for the orchid painting cam from!!
Your work looks amazing, and I look forward to following you as well.
Have a nice weekend!

Pip Spiro (Boydell) said...

Hi Design Chic & Natahsa - thanks so much for your comments, I look forward to following you both too! Enjoy your weekends, Pip xx

d'accord in exeter said...

Greaat post thanks