Wednesday, December 14, 2011

{ jude the obscure }



I recently completed a Christmas commission for a very lovely client; his boss's favourite flower is the 'Jude the Obscure' rose and he asked if I would paint one as his Christmas present to her. Now I don't love all roses, however  these kind are divine. So creamy and full, I'd love a big posy of these.



'Obscure' name for it too, obviously comes form this Thomas Hardy novel. Perhaps I should read this over Christmas!


Image for Pinterest

Don't you think that is such a thoughtful gift - she must be a great boss! Thanks B for asking me to do this, and also for introducing me to perhaps my new favourite rose.

xx

1 comment:

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

Must be a great boss inded! Lovely rose... I would love to see one of your pieces with gold leaf! Pretty please :-)