Thursday, February 9, 2012

{ framed }


Great LA home. Via Commune Daily


Picture perfect. Via This is Glamorous



Entrance-come-void. Via simplipi


'Mopho' Commercial interior by Hassell. From Arch Daily 


Perfect shape and dimension in this hanging light. Via Wild Ivy



One of my seahorses. Searching for his new frame.

There's something about the dimension and simplicity of pane-glass with a fine black iron frame that really grabs me. This design always feels so substantial and smart - imagine the inside-outside feeling this floor to ceiling glass would bring with the morning sun streaming in; or a series of these boxy pendant lights hanging low in big utilitarian kitchen... I would love to make a feature of this in a home one day. However in an application closer to home right now, I'm also on the search for the perfect combination of a fine matte black frame with thin glass to set off some of my black ink pieces. When done properly, I just love how refined and simple this look can be; and the finer the frame and the glass the better I say! So while my dreams of a home inspired by this look might be a way off, hopefully I can post again soon when my art frame search proves fruitful! Hope you're having a great week.

Pip xx

4 comments:

Gild and Grace said...

I really like this look too Pip. That first image is gorgeous! Best of luck with the frame hunting :)

Abbey x

Pip Spiro (Boydell) said...

Thanks Abbey!

Letitia Linke - The White Shed said...

Agreed this look is gorgeous! Letitia x

Pip Spiro (Boydell) said...

Thanks for your comment and for stopping by Letitia! I see from The White Shed you're a lover of all things black & white... your blog is great nice to have discovered you! Have a good week Pip x