Tuesday, January 31, 2012

{ hello pretty colours }



Brights are all about. I went to a very fun and colourful bridal shower lunch on the weekend - this was the fabulously set table with bright blowsy roses, chevron stripe table runners, gold detailing and feather headdresses to boot. Looked amazing.

Then I happened upon my sister Harriette's immaculately-arranged-always-vignetted lounge room where she had these huge hibiscus flowers sitting front-and-centre..... 



I had to paint some of these before Summer is out!



I am, however, starting to feel a bit flowered out at the moment so I welcomed the chance to paint a Chanel No.19 for a lovely client in Hong Kong which I have just shipped off.  I love this crisp and light wash of this green in this one - but I must say, painting all these gorgeous bottles does nothing for narrowing the field in my eternal quest for  that signature scent!


Images 3, 4 & 5 - both images and artworks copyright of Pip Boydell

See you soon.

Pip xx


9 comments:

Natasha @ Northern Light Design said...

CONGRATS ON YOUR MENTION IN THE NEW ADORE MAGAZINE!!!

TINA KENT said...

Congrats on Adore also! Good on you Pip! And thanks for adding me to your blog roll!
lovT
p.s how addictive is Pinterest!?

Pip Spiro (Boydell) said...

Thank you Natasha was so lovely of Abbey to include me! It's a great issue too so much great stuff ! Xx

Pip Spiro (Boydell) said...

Thanks so much Tina - and great to connect the dots with you. Oh Pinterest, I know.... I think I am starting to dream it - so addictive but so good!Pip x

Gild and Grace said...

The bridal shower looks so bright and beautiful Pip and that painting is another stunner! And of course your magnolia looked gorgeous in adore too :)

Abbey x

designchic said...

Yay for Adore and love, love the artwork!! Thrilled to find and follow your blog ~

Anonymous said...

The painting has arrived, safe and sound Pip in Hong Kong, all beautifully wrapped - it's even more gorgeous in real life! Thank you so much I LOVE it
Vanessa x

Melissah from Scrapbook said...

Just discovered your lovely blog & I'm loving all the bright colours!
x
Melissah

Pip Spiro (Boydell) said...

Vanessa so happy you love it - thank you for your kind comment!

Melissah have just discovered your blog - lots to love I will be having a scroll through tonight! Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to following you x Pip